Matthew is a Family Law Attorney. Matthew has been married for over 12 years, has 2 children, a son and daughter, and enjoys his work as a family lawyer.
Matthew operates the Thompson Law Firm, PLLC, emphasizing Family Law, including; Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Alimony, Modifications, Contempt and Appeals. Matthew began practicing law at Chinn & Associates, PLLC, where he served in the role of Litigation Associate and maintains an “Of Counsel” association with the Chinn firm.
In 2009, Matthew established a statewide practice, handling cases in Chancery and Youth Courts throughout Mississippi. Matthew has over 8 years litigation experience and has handled numerous trials, hearings, depositions, mediations and appeals.
Matthew attended Mississippi College School of Law, graduating in 2005. He was an officer with the Law Student Bar Association and earned the American Jurisprudence Award in Legislation. He earned his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and was an officer in the Sigma Chi Fraternity. Matthew grew up in Greenwood and Madison, Mississippi. Matthew currently resides in Madison with his wife and two children.
- Matthew is President of the Madison County Bar Association,
- Board member of Mississippi Legal Services Corp.,
- Board member with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, and
- Volunteer Attorney and guest lecturer with Mission First Legal Aid.
- Matthew routinely speaks and presents at Continuing Legal Education Seminars and conducts training sessions for other lawyers on how to prepare divorce pleadings and handle family law cases.
- Matthew participates in the Wills for Heroes program- which prepares basic estate planning documents; Wills, Advanced Health Care Directives and Power of Attorneys for first-responders.
- He is the former board President of his neighborhood association, Chairman of the Legal Committee,
- U5/6 Commissioner for the South Madison County Soccer Organization,
- Den Leader in Cub Scouts, an Eagle Scout, and
- Coach of the Thompson Law Firm FireAnts Soccer and T-ball teams.
- Matthew ties his own bow ties.
Phone: (601) 850-8000 or Email: Matthew@wmtlawfirm.com